TOP 3 BENEFITS:
- Designed for returnable glass bottle filling lines
- Rapid format changeover
- High speed
The movements of this automated columnar crater are programmed to perform high-speed crating. Suitable for various applications, the machine is very ﬂexible thanks to the modularity/orientation of the units, wide working area and combined operations. Easy access and minimal ﬂoor space requirements mean it can be readily ﬁtted into existing lines.
Its movements and operation involve several leading-edge technologies:
- Bottle handling system by means of individual, pneumatically operated grippers, grouped on gripping heads adapted for the various sizes of crates to be handled.
- The beam supporting the gripping heads can move on three axes; two are used for crating operations, while the third is used for automatic format changeovers.
- Movements controlled by self-braking brushless motors.
- Fully automatic operation, controlled by PLC Siemens S7.
The machine's electric system comprises:
- Main electric panel in painted steel, to be positioned at max 3 m from the machine, complete with PLC Siemens and power elements.
- Touch screen operator panel, with faults display, also enabling, when required, manual mode control of the individual functions in the operating cycle.
- Complete electric wiring with galvanized steel cable trays.
- Complete pneumatic system with ﬁlter and pressure reducer.
- Lubrication of the main units at centralized points.
- Epoxy paint, with one coat of primer after sandblasting.
- Safety guards around the machine.
- Single set of parts (handling one size and type of bottle in one size and type of plastic crate) includes:
- set of gripping heads with pneumatic grippers;
- set of pneumatically operated mobile crate centering devices.
Double crater for bottles and cluster pack application
The movement of the beam carrying the heads is alternated. The bottles are gripped by individual, pneumatically-operated grippers. During normal production, operation is fully automatic.
The movements are driven by electromechanical drive units electronically controlled by the PLC. When required, the individual movements can be controlled and operated independently by selecting “manual” mode on the operator panel. When several formats of bottles/crates are to be handled, the machine can be equipped with a rack to house the various sets of gripping heads.