Line Designer Proposals
The position will be based in Guadalajara, México and be part of the System Design team of Sidel Americas. The incumbent will be in responsible to work with sales designing the complete line layouts and ensuring the correct integration of Sidel and third parties’ equipment, including conveying specifications and accumulation profiles.
- Determining the required conveyor components and performing the necessary calculations to prepare a pre-contracting layout as per the request received from the Precontracting Project Manager (PMP within the required time-frame.
- Validation of pre-contracting layout, engineering and costing.
- Analysis and validation of customer specifications (type of motors, chains, bearings, lubrication, etc.).
- Onsite measurements and customer meetings (with Complete Line PMP).
- Line dimensioning and accumulation calculations.
- Integration of all the equipment of the line into the layout, in accordance with safety, ergonomics and efficiency requirements.
- Liaise with Sidel conveyors manufacturing sites for the conveyors supply.
- Prepare and distribute technical specifications required for the conveyors and line operation.
- Possibility of meeting with the customer (with Complete Line PMP)
- Knowledge of complete plant engineering and design.
- Knowledge of CAD environment (Autocad) 2D high level mandatory, 3D is a plus.
- Knowledge of conveying systems and associated concepts is a plus.
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical, electrical and assembly drawings.
- Knowledge of control systems and industrial electrical systems is a plus.
- Technical diploma or University degree in Mechanical design/Mechanical engineering or similar.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Technical diploma or degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Fluent English & Spanish languages are mandatory. French / Portuguese / Italian is a plus.
- Ability to travel (30%)