The Plant Quality Manager is responsible for the definition, implementation and controlling of quality mgmt. strategy for the assigned business unit in alignment and corresponding to global quality mgmt. strategy and standards.
The Plant Quality Manager, in accordance to company procedures and applying Lean & Six Sigma methodology, has to guarantee the compliance of the components/groups/modules/equipment to the technical specifications and customer expectations during the production phases and for the overall supply chain management process (since Kick-Off Meeting to Factory Acceptance Test).
- Ensure the compliance of the parts received at incoming by suppliers through proper quality checks, including the verification of first samples and rump-up batches.
- Guarantee the calibration of measurement tools used for the application of the incoming and production quality checks;
- Manage the validation of the measurement system and periodical verification of the process capability applied on the Critical To Quality (CTQ) dimensions of external supplier and internal production processes;
- Manage and supervise the internal quality issue process to ensure that an immediate action is applied and that the owners accountable of the issue are leading the analysis to find root-cause and preventive actions;
- Manage and supervise the derogation process to ensure that technical depts. are leading the evaluation and final approval or rejection;
- Apply quality audit to ensure a formal hand-over (through proper check-list) with contribution of production/testing managers, to verify that the groups/modules/equipment have received all the parts and all the planned controls before being transferred to the following production phase and before the shipment to customer site.
- Train and support the quality team and implement and control periodical quality KPIs and data according to global quality mgmt. standards;
- Collaborate with industrial engineering for control card creation, supporting in the CTQ (critical to quality) identification and robust control methodology definition;
- Support production dept. in fostering quality culture, to highlight plant quality issue in the proper way by providing detailed data collection and collaborate in the first level analysis application. Provide and be the six-sigma reference for the owners in charge to apply root-cause-analysis with 5-Why methodology;
- Collaborate with Supplier Development Engineer in the periodical evaluation of the quality performance to identify the correct supplier escalation level and to manage improvement action plan with supplier;
- Support and collaborate with Project Manager Supply to apply risk-assessment and quality improvement plan for every project since kick-off meeting to ensure that risks/previous non-conformities have been totally mitigated/eradicated;
- Support technical dept and industrial engineering respectively in the DFMEA and PFMEA to application.
- 5 years experience as Quality Manager in similar context
- English is mandatory
- Knowledge of Lean Six-Sigma
- University Degree