Sidel is searching for a dynamic and high energy engineer who is inspired to be a part of world class company manufacturing/ servicing production lines for the beverage/ food industry.
The TPM engineer role is part of a new team in the Sidel services division whose ambition is to support/enable our customers to reach top tier levels of performance and productivity with their Sidel lines. We use the best of TPM methods combined with our technical expertise to make the difference.
If you have a passion for technology, eager to learn and to work in the field, on site at the biggest beverage manufacturers, and to learn and apply TPM/Lean methods for high impact, please contact our team.
Sidel is looking for a TPM Engineer reporting to the Director for Performance Based Services. The responsibility will be to lead and drive successful TPM Performance projects at our customer’s priority sites and priority production lines. Sidel is committed to high performance and our new Service offering of TPM Performance projects. These projects give our customers a strong avenue through which they can engage Sidel to achieve step changes in performance. Sidel uses the best of TPM/Lean manufacturing excellence practices in a practical and focused way for direct impact on customer performance. Our customer’s value our ability to speak and work in these industry recognized best practices while at the same time bringing our technical expertise/mastery of our machines to develop the local team, and solve their toughest problems.
The main responsibilities of the TPM Engineer include:
- Lead/drive successfully TPM projects at customers’ sites towards project performance goals.
- Full coordination and alignment with the customer's local/plant management team.
- Coaching Sidel's Field Service Engineers at customers’ sites on the project plan and activities, and to coach and advise them in the proper use of TPM methods and tools.
Successful projects will include:
- Reaching Line efficiency/ OEE improvement goals, specifically the reduction of unplanned stops.
- The development of customer's local team's routines and capabilities in terms of:
- Local competencies/ knowledge to properly maintain and operate their line.
- The standard work/documents and maintenance planning necessary to execute such activity.
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering degree
- Rigorous and disciplined approach to project management
- Strong goal focus/orientation
- Strong communication skills, with ability to organize and motivate
- Availability to travel >70%
- Spanish is a plus.
- Knowledge/ practical experience in TPM/Lean methods and tools; belt certification is a plus.