Plant Continous Improvement Leader
As Plant Continous Improvement leader, you will run Plant continuous improvement system for Parma Site.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in conjunction with: Production, Technical Department , Ind. Engineering, Quality, Procurement and Sourcing teams.
This position is part of the WET block continuous improvement team operating globally. Based at Parma plant the role reports directly to the Global Continous Improvement Leader.
This role reports functionally to Parma’s Plant manager.
Location: Parma Plant. With 5% time on remote work with the Global Continuous improvement team and Wet block team.
- Identifies improvement projects for the plant in terms of H&S, Quality, Delivery and Costs.
- Support the local management team to implement strategic continuous improvement projects.
- Coaches both the leaders of the projects and the team members of strategic improvement projects around the methodology to be used and helps them to achieve the targets.
- Deploys the use of lean tools into the organisation.
- Manage the update of the continuous improvement dashboard & KPIs of the plant on time with the follow up of the related projects.
- Material Flow: Owns the responsibility for the continuous improvement cycle of the material Flow. Updates the package and the specific data and information needed for the monthly meetings.
- Lean Coaching: Builds the package of lean coaching sessions. Identify the specific projects to be followed during the sessions. Animates the sessions.
- Facilitates the coordination and the Implementation of the continuous improvement actions that had being identified on the strategic projects of the Plant.
Required experience and
- Strong experience of shop-floor improvement projects implementation.
- Strong understanding of Lean tools (i.e. RCA, PDCA)
- Strong sense of self-motivation target oriented
- Proactive, strong problem solving/analytical attitude
- Availability to travel (also abroad for short trips)
- Team working. Being able to demonstrate a team working attitude. Likes to help and support others
- Knows how to work in a cross functional position.
Level of Education:
- Lean training either certified or not
- Engineering diploma.
- Proficient in MS Office, Outlook and Excel as a must
Preferred experience and
- Project management
- Good written and spoken English