COMMODITY LEADER - AUTOMATION & ELECTRICITY
Sidel is looking for a Commodity Leader, responsible for the development and implementation of commodity strategies and supplier management in assigned spend categories. Perform sourcing activities for a set portfolio of spend categories at a global and/or local level to achieve commodity results and ensure compliance with the Group Strategy.
- Lead, develop and implement global commodity strategy for assigned spend categories;
- Analyze spend in assigned spend categories;
- Monitor the market through constant benchmarking in order to continuously improve costs, qual-ity, delivery and technology;
- Support the Global Commodity Manager in defining the annual savings forecast, identifying risks and opportunities;
- Implement the saving action plan to achieve the assigned annual cost saving target;
- Promote and lead cost reduction activities and alternative products/ solutions, towards internal stakeholder and Suppliers, to contribute to the overall cost reduction target;
- Manage Supplier Relationship at global level, monitoring trend of KPIs and setting necessary cor-rective actions;
- Negotiate long-term contracts with Suppliers, at global level, that set out prices, quality standards, cost-reduction improvement along agreement duration, delivery times, and commercial terms and conditions;
- Communicate effectively and manage relationships with relevant internal stakeholders, to contrib-ute to the cross functional projects;
- Ensure compliance with the sourcing processes;
- Enter relevant sourcing data in SAP for new product codes and pricelist updates.
Level of education and languages:
- Master Degree or equivalent;
- Degree in Engineering is preferred; Business/Economics is also accepted;
- English excellent, written and spoken;
- Fluency in French, Italian and/or Chinese is an advantage.
Required experience and skills:
- Min 3 years in strategic sourcing in an international manufacturing company;
- Good Knowledge of the market/product categories concerned is a plus;
- Experience in manufacturing environment or sales is a plus;
- Experience in international negotiations, contract and claim management;
- Experience outside of own country of origin is a plus;
- Very good negotiation skills as key element in order to communicate with both suppliers and other stakeholders;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels and with all functions;
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in cross-functional and international teams.