Commodity Leader Beijing China
Responsible for the implementation of commodity strategies and supplier management in assigned spend categories.
Perform sourcing activities for a set portfolio of spend categories at a global and/or local level to achieve commodity results and ensure compliance with the Group Strategy.
- Implement global commodity strategy for assigned spend categories
- Analyses spending in assigned spend categories
- Monitor the market through constant benchmarking in order to continuously improve costs, quality, delivery and technology
- Support the Global Commodity Manager in defining the annual savings forecast, identifying risks and opportunities
- Implement the saving action plan to achieve the assigned annual cost saving target
- Promote and lead cost reduction activities and alternative products/ solutions, towards internal stakeholder and Suppliers, to contribute to the overall cost reduction target
- Manage Supplier Relationship at global level, monitoring trend of KPIs and setting necessary corrective actions
- Negotiate long-term contracts with Suppliers, at global level, that set out prices, quality standards, cost-reduction improve on delivery times, and commercial terms and conditions.
- Communicate effectively and manage relationships with relevant internal stakeholders, to contribute to the cross-functional projects.
- Ensure compliance with the sourcing processes.
- Enter relevant sourcing data in SAP for new product codes and pricelist updates.
Level of education and languages:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent;
- Master Degree or equivalent
- Degree in Engineering is preferred; Business/Economics is also accepted
- Fluency in French, Italian is an advantage.
Required experience and skills:
- Min 3 yrs in strategic sourcing in an international manufacturing company
- Knowledge of the market/product categories concerned is a plus
- More than 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment; good knowledge of the Machining, Casting, welding, etc;
- Experience in international negotiations, contract and claim management
- Experience outside of own country of origin is a plus
- Very good negotiation skills as key element in order to communicate with both suppliers and other stakeholders.