As a Supplier Manager you are responsible for the development and implementation of sourcing strategies and supplier management for given categories of spend.
Perform sourcing activities for a set portfolio of spend categories at global and/or local level to achieve commodity results and ensure compliance with Group strategy to drive overall performance & profitability for the Business.
- Lead, develop and implement short and mid-term global commodity strategies for assigned spend categories, including strategic areas, notably by performing and consolidating conclusion of diverse and/or complex analysis (spent, cost breakdown) and business continuity assessment.
- Define the annual saving forecast on his perimeter, identifying risk and opportunities. Is responsible of the tenders (RFQ) for the allocated commodities.
- Identify and Implement solutions to drive incremental cost reductions and cost avoidance opportunities, saving action plan to achieve the assigned annual cost saving target.
- Promote and lead cost reduction activities and alternative products / solutions, towards internal stakeholder and suppliers. Work closely with the relevant functional teams and the specialists in each region and country to asses, optimize and implement bid projects that align with key functions strategic roadmap.
- Plan and lead the annual negotiations with the suppliers, with global and local Suppliers. Negotiation includes lists, quality standards, prices, discount rates, duration, delivery timescales, commercial terms and conditions.
- Perform Supplier base management activities by ensuring contracting tasks, financial risk assessment, non-quality cost recovery, supplier visit and disengagement process and manage Supplier Relationship at global level, monitoring trend of KPIs and setting necessary corrective actions.
- Actively interact the suppliers to drive the productivity, meet quality requirements while driving proper actions to mitigate the risks.
- Manage forcefully the issues escalated impacting the execution.
- Scout new suppliers to comply with the category strategy and lead the qualification process developing a unique sustainable supplier base.
- Perform analysis in assigned spend categories. For relevant commodity (cost, strategic importance, …), monitor the market through constant benchmarking and/or cost breakdown analysis in order to continuously improve costs, quality, delivery and technology; and escalade in case of main non conformity.
- Perform business continuity assessment: financial risk including supplier dependency analysis and capacity assessment with dual source analysis
- Ensure compliance with the sourcing processes
- Maintain master data in Synertrade and SAP for equipment, products and suppliers.
Level of education and languages
- Engineering Diploma, Master’s Degree or equivalent
- Degree in Engineering and/or Business/Economics
- English fluent is mandatory
- Fluency in French, Italian and/or Chinese is an advantage
Required experience and skills
- Minimum 5 years working experience in an international manufacturing company
- Minimum 3 years in strategic sourcing roles dealing with Professional Services categories
- Knowledge of the beverage packaging business and market is an advantage
- Very strong commercial negotiation skills with international companies
- Experience in negotiation of terms and conditions of contract and claim management
- High ability to communicate with both suppliers and other internal stakeholders at all hierarchical levels
- Business acumen Project Management skills