Senior Commodity Leader
The Commodity Leader on Third Party Equipment is responsible for defining and implementing the
purchasing strategy for the assigned categories of third part equipment incorporated in Sidel complete
lines. He/she manages the supplier relationships and develops the right partnerships when needed.
He/she performs sourcing activities for a set of categories of trade equipment to achieve Sidel Group’s
bottom line improvements and ensure compliance with the Group Strategy and Business Plan. The
Commodity Leader Third Party Equipment acts as a real business partner with the Regions and Engineering
& Project Management (EPM), and directly contribute to the development of the Sidel Group
offering through a close collaboration with Strategy & Business Development, Portfolio Management
- Lead, develop and implement global commodity strategy for assigned categories of equipment.
- Analyse spend and develop the most suitable market share between the related vendors.
- Monitor the market through constant benchmarking in order to continuously improve costs, quality,
delivery on time and in full, performance of the equipment and services.
- Define the annual savings budget on his perimeter, identifying risks and opportunities.
- Plan and lead the annual negotiations with the suppliers to agree on equipment and spare parts
pricelist, technician rates for services (I&C and maintenance of equipment on field).
- Implement the saving action plan to achieve the assigned annual cost saving target.
- Promote and lead cost reduction activities and alternative products / solutions, towards internal
stakeholder and suppliers.
- Manage the Supplier Relationship at global level, monitoring trend of KPIs and setting necessary
corrective actions to improve the performance of the suppliers.
- Negotiate long-term contracts with suppliers, at global level, that set out prices, supplier productivities
along agreement duration, quality level, delivery times, and commercial terms & conditions.
- Communicate effectively and manage relationships with relevant internal stakeholders (3PE
Product Managers, Portfolio Management, Strategy & Business Development and EPM) to contribute
to sustain the Sidel Business Plan and/or to improve the efficiency of our organization
thanks to cross-functional projects.
- Manage the claims resolution with suppliers in case of non-performance of the equipment during
Installation & Commissioning and/or on field during operation.
- Ensure compliance with the sourcing processes.
- Maintain master data in Synertrade and SAP for equipment, products and suppliers.
Education & Languages
- Engineering Diploma, Master’s Degree or equivalent
- Degree in Engineering and/or Business/Economics
- English is mandatory
- Fluency in French, Italian and/or Chinese is an advantage
Required experience and skills
- Minimum 5 years working experience in an international manufacturing company
- Minimum 3 years in strategic sourcing roles in a competitive market
- Knowledge of the beverage packaging business and market is an advantage
- Experience in manufacturing environment or sales
- Very strong commercial negotiation skills with international companies
- Experience in negotiation of terms and conditions of contract and claim management
- High ability to communicate with both suppliers and other internal stakeholders
- Business acumen