Regional Packaging Expert
the Regional Packaging Expert NA is responsible & accountable for supporting at pre contracting level the packaging related activities with the target to define Sidel’s commitment according to our customers’ expectations while preserving at the same time the interests for the company. He is the Representative and the Referent for packaging within the zone.
- Responsible & accountable to technically support the projects at pre-contracting level with the objective to offer a competitive solution for our customers while managing the risk for Sidel;
- Advertises our development capabilities and solutions and might be called to participate to some local projects meetings, customer meetings, workshops or VCDs at pre-contracting level during the QTCe process. In some particular cases he may also be required to intervene during the QTCs process in line with our Packaging Sales approach;
- Responsible for the definition of the containers weights vs design vs blowing outputs vs energy consumption's vs blower / combi configurations hence for the associated commitment;
- Identity the most suitable solutions for each advanced project at pre-contracting phase both for QTCe & QTCs;
- Due to his markets proximity he provides feedback the trends and requirements to Central Packaging to feed the PDP;
- Makes sure the Packaging Sales team is informed when an important business information is shared to him at pre-contracting level;
- Identify the best candidates for our field tests linked to our Packaging Care PDP projects;
- Support the most critical after-sale issues linked to Packaging Designs and associated blow molding processes;
- Brings Packaging awareness to local teams run and participate to training sessions.
Level of education and languages:
- Associate’s degree (UIT) or Master of Science in the fields of mechanical / electrical engineering and/or polymer sciences;
- Languages: Fluent English is mandatory, French is a plus;
- A strong experience is required in the fields of Bottling line equipment, blow molding technologies, SBM processes and Packaging design & engineering;
- Need to have some skills in polymer science also and injection molding if possible;
- Other skills and qualities: customer oriented, autonomous, leadership, good team player.