Sidel is looking for an Account Director, part of the Sales organization reporting to the Sales Director Africa, that will be responsible to manage existing customers and develop new customers within a defined territory and/or business area in order to deliver budgeted sales and margins for complete Sidel portfolio. He/she will also be responsible to provide customers with win-win solutions which meet their needs and are in the best interests of Sidel, thus enabling Sidel to achieve its Balanced Score Card and regional objectives.
- Accountable for meeting budgeted sales and margins for the assigned territory/business area.
- Manage the account managers and develop new accounts within assigned territory/business area.
- Establish strong relationships with customers by building a network of contacts within their organization
- Build strategic networks and relationships with vendors, suppliers and integrators to further develop the market.
- Identify market potential for assigned territory/business area and develop strategic and tactical sales plans accordingly.
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of sales function
- Contribute to customer, market and competitor activities monitoring
- Initiate product development strategies (short and long term) through the Product Development Plan
- Represent Sidel at events/conferences/seminars when applicable and network with trade and sales organizations in the industry
- Develop the team to help them get the right skills for goal orientation
- Level of education and languages:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products for use in a sales management environment
- Fluency in English
Required experience and skills:
- Minimum 10 years experience in capital equipment sales and territory/business area management, particularly in the packaging and/or rigid plastic industry, and or End Of Line equipment
- Established customer base and network within the rigid container market
- Significant rigid container equipment and/or secondary packaging, market and industry knowledge
- Market evaluation and analysis skills, planning skills; ability to develop and present a value proposition
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Sales management experience; excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to travel (>50%)