Engineering Project Manager
The project Manager is in charge for complete project management for engineering Services/activities and/or Execution projects in FHPC fields, from early stages of the project up to final reception and industrial start-up.
The Project Manager is in charge of the project execution from Kick off phase until customer acceptance/validation of the study/installation. He can also follow and execute projects if required by organization/workload.
He is the preferred customer interface, point of contact during the whole project and he follows thoroughly the Project Management Processes (Lead to Cash)
- Manage all interfaces between internal and external suppliers /stakeholders.
- Define with accuracy and predictability tasks, planning and outputs of the missions.
- Coordinate Studies and execution, if any, for each project/mission. Define technical specifications and limits of supply for all equipment, and activities and coordinate activities of all parties.
- Supervise and validate/criticize specifications/Tenders for contractors and/or from customers
- Supervise and validate/criticize/Quotes and contact contractors for pricing/bidding process.
- Define jointly with head of Mechanical engineering design office and/or heads of other department work/job/tasks to be done/allocated and final documents to be deliver.
- Follow all projects allocated to him during studies and/or execution.
- Organize and lead tests
- Organize installation reception and trainings/support the Installation Site Manager during preparation and execution of the on-site activities of the project.
- Manage project crisis and plan a course of action in conjunction with all project actors/stakeholders
- Report and is accountable towards Management/General Management regarding project/mission follow up, planning, budgets allocated vs. expenses spend, engaged and expenses forecasted until project closure. Quote additional tasks/variation vs. initial scope sold
- Make analysis and explain technical and budgetary discrepancies
- Organize and conduct project meetings (Kick of Meeting, intermediate meetings, closing, etc.) for the complete mission/project.
- Organize and supervise mission/project reception and support for punch list closing up.
- Care about Quality, Cost and Delivery of the project.
- Participate actively to the technical design, organization or financial issues during the project/mission and is responsible to address all appropriate action plan/recovery plans with support of Project Director
- Master degree in Engineering, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Food Experts or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5/15 years in Project Management with strong technical expertise in Packaging and/or processing, utilities portfolio
- Expertise In Beverages, Food, Home or Personal Care segments a plus
- Strong knowledge of different engineering disciplines (mechanical, electrical/automation, industry, processing and including audits/site survey).
- Basic knowledge relative to the industrial field (production, logistics, project engineering, ergonomics, hygiene, safety and security, etc.)
- Strong knowledge in Project Management: Project Management Process follow-up, Financial follow-up, responsibility
- Knowledge of line design (including hygienic and/or aseptic design), installation & start-up, and line controls principles
- Ability to discuss, question, and articulate mechanical, electrical, automation and machine operational issues designed and manufactured for the food and beverage industries
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering documents (operating and maintenance instructions, procedures manuals, assembly and detailed engineered drawings)
- Ability to manage team members within scope of project
- Knowledge of MS Project and MS Office
- ERP experience is a plus
- Structured and well organized
- Team work oriented
- Ability to manage multiple projects as the same time
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to Manage change and to understand specificities linked to zone
- Local/National/International travels required on regular basis
- Fluency (written, spoken) in English is mandatory
- Additional foreign language an asset