I&C Productivity Engineer
The Productivity Engineer will be responsible for optimizing and improving the installation & commissioning of critical Sidel packaging lines for our customers in the FHPC (Food, Home and Personal Care) and Beverage industries.
Remote - North America (Montreal, Canada / Atlanta, US)
The Productivity Engineer will work with a
multi-disciplinary team during the installation and commissioning phase of the
project to ensure that:
- The I&C costs remain withing the budget.
- The important I&C contractual dates are respected.
- The problems are solved in a timely fashion to the full satisfaction of the customer.
Productivity Engineer receives limited supervision. The I&C Productivity Engineer is
accountable to develop, implement and sustain process improvement initiatives
to deliver long-term, breakthrough results in the areas of safety, quality,
cost, delivery, productivity, and customer satisfaction. Typically works under
normal production site conditions, required to stand for extended periods of
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of project experience with packaging systems and ̸ or manufacturing automation applications.
- Good knowledge of packaging line design principles, controls, and operations.
- Capable of conducting a root cause analysis (RCA).
- TPM and GMP knowledge ̸ experience a plus.
- Good customer mindset.
- Demonstrated abilities to analyze and solve problems using existing methodologies and tools (Brainstorming, Pareto charts, 5 whys, Ishikawa diagram, FMEA)
- Experience in the FHPC and beverage industries strongly preferred.
- Excellent engineering and leadership skills as well as the ability to collaborate across a multi-cultural organization.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary to the customer’s site all over the Americas.
- English mandatory. French and Spanish a plus.
- Capable of programming PLC (Rockwell, Siemens) and HMI an advantage.
- Bachelor of Science – Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- PMP certification is a plus.