Packer Automation Product Support
The Packer Automation Product Support Expert is part of the Product Support Americas organization. The job takes place both in the office and onsite. In both situations the resource must secure the operational follow up & technical support of all packer (shrink wrapper) equipment on the automation side, throughout the whole life of the machine.
- Participate to the Contact Center Ticketing System and provide solution and support to our external customers as well as to our Field Service Engineer on packer shrink wrapping equipment.
- Provide daily telephone & email support for automation but also for basic mechanical issues to internal (FSE, PM, CCM, ASM) and external customers on packer shrink wrapping equipment.
- Secure and manage Non-Conformity and warranty cost on the SINCRO tool.
- Support FSE during new packer shrink wrapping project installation and service site execution on automation issues (as well as basic mechanical support).
- Apply Root Cause Analysis methodology on automation and mechanical issues on packer shrink wrapping equipment, driving data collection and preventive/corrective action. Report in concise manner the issues seen on the field and requests for engineering modification to the Product Group.
- Provide any preliminary solution to internal and external customers.
- Secure retrofit application on the packer shrink wrapping installed base concerning automation and mechanical solution.
- Contribute to support service activities on spare parts, training, maintenance opportunities, Line Improvement.
- Visit periodically strategic deals & customers in order to collect customer feedback on performances or eventual technical issues.
- Travel onsite or coordinate intervention on site of experts in case of technical issues that require a specific RCA, troubleshooting for packer shrink wrapping equipment.
- Minimum of 3 years with technical assistance and/or field experience
- Knowledge of packer technology, preferrably of Sidel shrink wrapping technology, Versafilm. Additional knowledge in Case Packing is a plus
- Ability to manage and satisfy customer requests
- Electrical fundaments (safety equipment, sensors, motion, servo drivers, inverters)
- Knowledge of PLC platform (Siemens S7, Siemens TIA Portal is a plus, B&R, Rockwell Automation, Elau)
- Knowledge of HMI (Zenon and/or Citect) and Motion platforms (Danfoss and Elau)