GL & Reporting Accountant
Responsible for delivering accounting processes of Sidel, including collecting, analysing, verifying and reporting financial information.
- Document financial transactions and analyse account information
- Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports
- Audit financial transactions, reconcile account discrepancies
- Perform Closing & reporting and reconciliations per defined Group policy,schedule and procedures.
- Proactively identify any risks in meeting month end deadline and take necessary actions/escalations to make sure month close deadlines are not missed.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and analysing policies and procedures, answer accounting procedure questions
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by observing confidentiality
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local financial requirements; study existing and new legislature, make recommendations
- Make sure all reconciliations are submitted accurately and timely and drive actions to resolve unreconciled items
- Prepare special financial reports when required
- If applicable train and coach the subledger team
Level of education and languages:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Chartered Certified Accountant is a plus
- Major in Finance, Economies, Statistics and Mathmetics
- English is a must
Required experience and skills:
- Min 3 yrs of experience working in the accounting department in multinational companies using IFRS
- Solid knowledge of IFRS principles
- Proficient in MS Office, comfortable with working on daily basis with various financial software, SAP preferred
- Quick learner