Accounting PM (General Accountant)
The role of the Accounting PM (General Accountant) is to ensure to have accurate financial records, that follow group and local tax requirement.
The Accounting PM (General Accountant) primary responsibilities are to prepare financial statements in compliance with group and local accounting principles and practices, maintain the general ledger, manage month/quarterly/year end closings, ensure internal control in compliance with group and local policies, coordinate internal and external audits, and carry out other accounting duties as may be required.
- Provides financial information to management by researching and
analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and
analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing
balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account
- Develop and
document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting
accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with group, and local financial legal requirements by studying
existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising
management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and
summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping
financial information confidential.
- Direct internal
and external audits to ensure compliance.
- Handle monthly,
quarterly and annual closings.
- Solid knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices.
- In depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Local Fiscal Requirements.
- Knowledge of the full accounting cycle.
- Ability to communicate, organize and work well with others.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate data to identify and solve problems.
- Excellent attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, & multi-tasking.
- Good Knowledge in SAP and Proficient in Excel.
- Professional English Operational.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Experience 5-7 years in a similar job.