Sidel is looking for a Quality, Health, Safety & Environment who will work in collaboration with all teams in Canada, the United States and Europe.
This is a crucial role as QHSE manager will be responsible for all aspects of quality assurance and implementing health, safety and environmental practices throughout the organization to ensure that all products and processes are in line with statutory obligations
The role reports primarily to the Sidel Canada Site Director and has a secondary reporting lines to the Americas HSE&S Director
- Working with internal teams and external suppliers to minimize defects and cost of non-quality within business operations.
- Strengthen the company’s quality, health, safety and environmental practices across the global organization.
- Document and implement QHSE policies to develop robust QHSE framework.
- Statutory compliance and HSE employee training.
- Incident investigation and internal audits.
- Drive a culture of integration in quality, health, safety and environment within all Sidel Canada employees to facilitate reduction in customer complaints and accident / incident prevention.
- Support the integration of QHSE Management Systems under ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 respectively. Experience in the transition to ISO 45001 would be an advantage.
- Support the implementation of actions aimed at developing awareness of customer satisfaction, safety and environmental responsibility within all employees on site.
- Monitor and report KPI's to the Canada Site and HSE&S Director. Track and trend reporting of incidents and calculate injury frequencies for corporate and CNESST/OSHA compliance
- Maintain and evolve currently implemented company programs, e.g. Behavioural Safety program, Non-Quality cost reduction
- Continuous improvement, including training programs related to H&S for employees for Canadian and OSHA compliance including, NFPA, ANSI and demonstrate the use of safety equipment.
- Guarantee continuous execution of risk assessments on tasks and processes as well as implementation of appropriate control measures.
- Monitor plant equipment and systems compliance with Statutory and corporate requirements, calibration of measuring devices, waste management, amongst others
- Advise on the safety requirements of proposed new plant equipment and building to ensure compliance with Statutory requirements, Company H&S Policy and Planning requirements.
- Liaise with third parties on behalf of the site in meetings with external Inspectorates, including the Environment Agency and Fire Authority as well as appropriate Insurance bodies, Product certification bodies and auditors
- Review tender and order documents for QHSE requirements and advising on the implications to the Company. Interact with Sourcing for suppliers’ evaluations and correction plans
- Chair the Health & Safety Committee meetings for the site
- Secure controlling and vigilance of PPE setup and availabilities for employees.
- Security Travel Management for all interventions in the region and vigilance on H&S coordination plan availability prior to Field Service Engineers trip for site operations (New equipment and Services)
- Provide new-employee health and safety orientations and develop materials for these presentations
- Manage Building Maintenance, Renovations, and Repairs to provide safe workplace to Sidel Canada employees
- Manage Facilities Budgets
- Inspect or evaluate workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Level of education and languages:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field
- Fluent level of French and English
- Other language is an advantage
Required experience and skills:
- Quality HSE Management experience within the manufacturing industry
- Should be familiar with ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Standard, OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety Management, ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management
- In depth knowledge of legislation of OSHA, EPA ANSI CNESST and procedures
- Be knowledgeable with all aspects of the above standards, relevant legislation and compliance requirements
- Skill in performing safety inspections ensuring compliance with OSHA and NFPA safety standards
- Minimum 5 years of experience teaching CSA and OSHA standards that apply to hazards in General Industry
- Be comfortable developing the Company’s QHSE systems and encouraging a culture of excellence and compliance
- Have excellent verbal and written English and French with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels within the Company
- Have a high level of competency and accuracy in writing and maintaining clear and professional documentation relating to integrated management systems
- Possess strong planning, organizational, teamwork and presentation skills
- Be computer literate with Microsoft Office to a proficient level with good typing skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- H&S Certifications
- Availability to travel up to 30% in Canada and 10% internationally
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Ability to develop, implement, and enforce safety programs, procedures and protocols
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local safety regulations, protocols, and/or procedures
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Beverage Industry experience is a plus