By using a costing software based on the 3D model and 2D drawings: achieve the estimation of manufacturing times and cost from the earliest design stages. Support the technical arbitrations to merge the target cost of new products development and make the most convenient choice.
- Estimate the cost of each parts of Bill Of Material
- Compare design alternatives and identify cost drivers
- Identify potential saving opportunities through design alternatives
- Provide a cost compilation for the sub-assembly considering different sourcing strategies on production batches
- Support the R&D department in product evolution
- Create variant of size and configuration of existing solutions (range deployment)
- Design 3D evolution sticking to Sidel governance
Level of Education, Experience & Languages
- Good knowledge of welded structures, sheet metal design,3d modeling and parametric design.
- Good knowledge of 2d drawings, GD&T and stack up analysis
- Fluent English
- CAD : SolidWorks proficiency is mandatory
- Perform 2D drawings in accordance with attributes of the design
- Knowledge in manufacturing process
- Ease with computer use (ex. software Excel)