Senior Commodity Leader
You will be responsible for the development and implementation of sourcing strategies and supplier management for the assigned categories of Field & Assembly outsourced services (external Field Service Engineers, Installation services, Assembly activities). You will perform sourcing activities for assigned categories at global and/or local level to achieve commodity results, increase flexibility, supporting all European manufacturing sites and ensuring compliance with Sidel Group strategy, policy and processes. You will have excellent negotiation skills, as key element in order to com-municate both with suppliers and internal stakeholders at different hierarchical levels
- Lead, develop and implement global commodity strategies for assigned spend categories;
- Analyse spend in assigned spend categories;
- Perform supplier scouting activities and monitor the market through constant benchmarking and/or cost breakdown analysis, in order to continuously improve costs, quality, service level;
- Define the annual saving budget on assigned perimeter, identifying risks and opportunities;
- Implement the saving action plan to achieve the assigned annual cost saving target;
- Promote and lead cost reduction activities and alternative solutions/products, towards internal stakeholder and Suppliers, to contribute to the overall cost reduction target;
- Manage Supplier Relationship at global level, monitoring trend of KPIs, evaluating supplier risks, and setting necessary corrective actions to improve supplier performances;
- Negotiate long-term contracts with Suppliers, at global level, that set out prices, quality standards, cost-reduction improvement along agreement duration, delivery timescales, and commercial terms and conditions;
- Communicate effectively and manage relationships with key relevant internal stakeholders, in order to contribute to the cross-functional projects;
- Ensure compliance with sourcing processes;
- Ensure accuracy and availability of relevant updated Sourcing Data in ERP systems and SRM tools (eg. supplier’s price lists).
Level of education and languages:
- Master’s degree in Engineering is preferred; Business, Economics is also accepted;
- Excellent English is mandatory (written and spoken).
- Fluency in French and/or Italian is an advantage.
- Proficient in other MS Office application, including Outlook;
- SAP/ERP knowledge.
Required experience and skills:
- Minimum 5 years in strategic sourcing of field services (installation, commissioning and aftersales services of capital goods) in an international manufacturing company. In alternative minimum 7/8 years experience in capital project field operations, maintenance and/or aftersales services;
- Knowledge of installation and commissioning scope and challenges;
- Experience in a manufacturing environment (production or maintenance) or sales is a plus;
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills as key element in order to communicate with both suppliers and internal stakeholders at different hierarchical levels;
- Experience in international negotiation, contract and claim management;
- Experience outside of own country of origin is a plus.