Sidel StarLite™ Tropical
For carbonated beverages produced and distributed in extreme environmental conditions
Sidel's StarLite Tropical base enlarges the family of StarLite bottle solutions, originally developed by Sidel packaging experts. It is designed to offer a flexible solution for all carbonated soft drinks (CSD), in all packaging sizes from 0.25 to 3 litres and with all standard levels of carbonisation.
The new base is specifically designed for CSD bottles undergoing harsh environmental conditions, such as those produced and distributed at very high temperatures or in particularly humid climates.
The end result is a PET bottle that offers improved bottle resistance, as well as better stability throughout the supply chain. The technology helps avoid material waste during production and storage and offers a great consumer experience, without compromising on the safety standards of the beverage. Sidel's packaging experts conducted various trails through computer simulations, followed by real-world physical tests, to achieve this optimum strength.
The Sidel StarLite Tropical base is already in production in far-eastern countries by Sidel customers who have trialled the base and achieved great performance results, including significant improvements to stress cracking.
Sidel StarLite Tropical:
Open All ▼
Improved bottle resistance throughout the supply chain
The StarLite Tropical base, designed to improve resistance performance, has been evaluated and qualified under rigorous test protocols (1)
- Its optimised geometry reinforces all the zones which are more susceptible to stress cracking, due to mechanical constraints. This avoids potential breaking of the bottle walls and base, which can be caused by interactions with fluids or chemicals during conveying.
- When the bottle is under pressure at high temperature, it demonstrates good base roll-out resistance and it is less likely to burst during production or to deform during transportation.
(1) creeping test conducted over 72 hours under 38°C and 50% moisture conditions
Greater bottle and pallet stability
Greater stability for the bottle and the pallets on which it is stacked is achieved through the enhanced base standing surface.
- High surface contact of the base's feet ensures easy bottle transportation and smooth conveying, an efficient solution even for high output lines.
- The large, stable bottle base prevents bottles falling when passing through machine interfaces within the PET bottling line and results in a higher production uptime
Base moulds for all production configurations
The new Sidel StarLite Tropical base moulds are a premium tooling solution.
- StarLite Tropical base mould offers enhanced venting design, optimising cooling capacity further improving bottle base performances
- Easy to implement in PET production lines and can be retrofitted to existing Sidel CSD moulds to adapt bottle designs
- New base can be applied to all lines equipped with any generation of Sidel blowers, in standalone - with an additional post-mould cooling base device - or Combi configurations
- Available for all Sidel moulds, line conversion to the new base is quick and in some cases, only requires a simple adjustment to filling-levels
Open All ▼