MODULAR LAYER PREPARATION SOLUTIONS
ADD FLEXIBILITY AND PRECISION TO YOUR PALLETISING SYSTEM
The conventional methods for layer and row formation include rotation from below and aside by means of collision. Modular robotic solutions use a 'positive turning' strategy: gentle pickup and turning of your packages with a speed in line with the flow. This ensures your packaged product remains intact - which is especially important for delicate packaging materials and smaller, lighter packs.
Sidel offers two types of robotic technologies, gantry and FANUC robots, with a number of common advantages:
- The compact, accessible structure makes them readily fitted into existing lines.
- Robustness and simple mechanical constructions for limited maintenance.
- User friendly software Pal Designer™ enables quick format and pattern changeovers with the possibility of handling several types of packs in the same cycle.
- Aluminium gripping heads reduce robot's total weight to boost the capacity and precision.
Suitable across Sidel's palletiser portfolio
All palletising systems offered by Sidel have a modular design and can therefore accommodate layer preparation robots in place of the equivalent conventional equipment. In addition to the gentle product handling, the robotic solutions can help to overcome space constrains.
Find the optimal robotic layer preparation technology for your palletising system:
CARTESIAN ROBOT FOR LAYER PREPARATION
Through the benefits of a cartesian robot, AxoSmart ensures high-speed operation of great repeatability and precision. The stable and compact gantry framework ensures steady performance for weight up to 30 kg and reduces significantly the occupied space.
Benefits of AxoSmart:
- High-speed ensured through up to three overhead servo-driven handling units
- Reduction of footprint and easy access to the conveyer with overhead position
- Longer lifespan and less frequent maintenance with robust and simple gantry
HIGHLY FLEXIBLE ROBOT
RoboSmart is a FANUC robot with weight-bearing capacity at the joint of 50 to 70 kg. The movements are controlled in 6 axes which contribute to greater flexibility.
Benefits of RoboSmart:
- High-speed and precision with no deflection for weight up to 70 kg.
- Contains just a few failure points to increase uptime and lower maintenance cost
- One handling unit can manage more than one packages at the same time
- Adaptable number of modules to suit various line speeds
Explore the different palletising technologies and supporting products from our portfolio
Proven technology for reliable performance and longevity
End-of-line solutions with advanced precision and functionality
Depalletising solutions for any requirement
Programme any pattern quickly and easily