Sidel Rollquattro Evolution
The proven and versatile roll-fed labelling technology
Labelling PET containers, especially for soft drinks and water, primarily uses wraparound roll-fed technology, applying either paper or plastic labels with hot glue. Sidel Roll-fed labelling solutions deliver the flexibility needed to match all your needs.
Sidel Rollquattro Evolution for the following liquid types:
- Juices, Nectars, Soft Drinks, Isotonics and Teas
- Carbonated Soft Drinks
- Liquid Dairy Products
The success of roll-fed technology liespartly inthe plastic label, whichhas physical and practical qualities that make it very attractive to consumers and beneficial for beverages producers. In addition to a high gloss finish, roll-fed labels are waterproof and consequently less likely to be affected by adverse storage conditions. Furthermore, they are able to meet a fast-growing market trend that calls for efficient, high-speed machines able to handle lightweight containers with extremely thin labels.
Why to choose Sidel Rollquattro Evolution:
Open All ▼
Linear design makes label handling easier
The Rollquattro Evolution's unique linear station design and ergonomic structure means that operators can control all labelling processes easily.
- Handles different label materials and thicknesses (laminated, paper, etc.) by adapting vacuum values
- various labeller configurations available, making it adaptable to many spaces and any layout
- Ergonomic machine design and high-quality manufacturing
- Compact footprint: reel stand is structurally integrated into the label station to save space
- Greater versatility makes complex procedures simpler
Faster and smoother operations
The Rollquattro Evolution's module accessibility and enhanced module elements optimise cutting, glueing and label application processes.
- Easy and programmable settings simplify handling
- Large capacity label rolls minimise the operator's workload
- Label transfer vacuum drum requires no regulation or adjustment and is designed to have total control of the label
- A unique single rotating cutting blade reduces the need for frequent adjustment, lowering the risk of incorrect cutting, wear and tear, and unnecessary changeover costs
- Increased space between the label film feeding roller and cutting module lead to smoother operation
Highest precision for great results
The Rollquattro Evolution label transfer drum, glue and cutting modules are designed to deliver high labelling accuracy and quality time after time.
- Easy and programmable settings improve label application precision and increase label overlap closure efficiency
- Unique and patented label transfer drum ensures aesthetics and high-quality labels
- The automated vacuum, with easy-to-use and programmable settings, increases label tension and stability control
- Label application and overlap alignment are precise at every speed, even for differently-shaped bottles, with no additional wipe-down system required for label overlap closure
- Each of the four integrated, single rotating cutting blades is highly durable and designed for up to 5,000 working hours
- Glue roller unit makes sure glue remains in excellent condition and is always applied optimally, increasing accuracy without adding complexity
- Glue roller's knurled pattern design leads to significant glue savings
Smooth format changeovers
Rollquattro Evolution's unique linear station design makes access to machine modules easy and format changeovers faster.
- Changeovers can be completed in 30 minutes by one operator
- Compact footprint and highly accessible structure
- Adjustments can be made via the HMI for both bottle and label configurations
The Rollquattro Evolution's ergonomic linear design enables the operator to control all labelling processes and allows for simpler maintenance procedures.
- Modules can be dismounted from the station and worked on separately
- Less wearing between the glue-vacuum-drum-cutter roller and no lubrication, decreasing maintenance
- Glue tank is located under the machine base and can be easily and safely accessed by the operator
- To reduce cleaning, controlled vacuum prevents labels from entering the glue roller area
Sustainable and cost efficient operations
The Rollquattro Evolution cuts operating costs and minimises energy consumption.
- Can handle lightweight PET bottles
- Can save at least 15% of total annual glue consumption.
Open All ▼
|Bottles format||Bottle diameter||Label height||Maximum speed|
|Up to 2.5 litres||53 - 110 mm||30 - 170 mm||60,000 bph|
|*bottles per hour - Maximum mechanical output rate, with a speed up kit, according to the bottle's features|
How to increase the efficicency of your labellers?
Open All ▼
Customise your labeller configuration
- Conveyor:In line, in parallel with 3 star-wheels, in parallel with 4 star-wheels in "U" shape, "L" shape
- Positive or negative spin
- Tamper evident applicator
- Label coding devices:Ink-jet, laser
- Empty bottle pressurisation
- Shrinking tunnel: For Roll On Shrink On (ROSO) labels
Improve your labeller flexibility
- SMAR™ cutting system:Label's aesthetics and material savings are improved.
- Label reel auto-splicing:Continuous film feeding system avoids labeller stoppage.
- Motorized labelling station height adjustment:Labelling station position is defined from the Human Machine Interface for faster changeover time.
- Adjustable feed screw:The feed screw position is adjusted to the bottle dimensions for maximum stability and pitch control.
Keep your top labelling quality
- Label detection:The labeller is stopped when a label remains on the vacuum drum.
- Vision system:Bottles are correctly oriented before label application on a specific area at high speed.
- Three channel distributor:The positive control and release of the label during application improve labelling quality.
- Changeover storage cart:Customised parts are well ordered, easily located and picked out.
Enhance your labelling efficiency
- Glue fumes extractor:The elimination of the glue fumes increases the labelling station performances and keeps a cleaner production environment.
- Guides for lightweight bottles:The bottles keep stable to maintain consistent efficiency by avoiding frequent labeller stoppages.
- Cutting system Upgrade (ELAU): The higher tolerance to label imperfection allows better labelling efficiency.
Reduce your labeller maintenance
- Glue filament extractor:Glue particles and vapours are removed to reduce vacuum drum cleaning.
- Belt transmission:Only the belt needs to be replaced which reduces maintenance costs. The format changeovers managed from the operator panel are fast.
- Automatic greasing of the vacuum drum:The automatic lubrication operations avoid labeller stoppage for maintenance.
- Quick release platform:The platform design with simplified assembly reduces changeover times.
Open All ▼