Sidel Matrix SL70
The highly modular roll-fed labelling technology
Labelling PET containers, especially for soft drinks and water, primarily uses wraparound roll-fed technology, applying either paper or plastic labels with hot glue. Sidel Roll-fed labelling solutions deliver the flexibility needed to match all your needs.
Sidel Matrix SL70 for the following liquid types:
The success of roll-fed technology lies partly in the plastic label, which has physical and practical qualities that make it very attractive to consumers and beneficial for beverages producers. In addition to a high gloss finish, roll-fed labels are waterproof and consequently less likely to be affected by adverse storage conditions. Furthermore, they are able to meet a fast-growing market trend that calls for efficient, high-speed machines able to handle lightweight containers with extremely thin labels.
Why to choose Sidel Matrix™ SL70:
Open All ▼
Flexible to meet your needs
The very efficient roll-fed SL70 labeller can reach output up to 60,000 bottles per hour, which is 40% more output compared to previous machine generations
- Versatile system to meet individual production needs in terms of bottle shape and speed
- Unique ability to manage positive and negative spins
- Can be installed in various layouts and easily reconfigure
Precise and controlled label handling
The SL70 labelling station delivers precise handling and application for containers of any shape.
- Separate vacuum and pneumatic distribution manifolds ensure precise label handling at all speeds
- Lobed vacuum drum profile makes sure labels have optimal tension for high-quality results
- The geometric design of the glue roller and scraper ensures glue application is continually uniform and highly controllable
- No brush, sponges or other applicator tools are required
- Replaceable and upgradeable surface plates increase autonomy and wear resistance
Quick format changeovers
The SL70 features 30% faster changeover times for containers of different shapes and dimensions.
- Changeovers in 25 minutes by only one operator
- Different pitch and diameter options are available with the modular construction of the carousel
- Advanced ergonomic design allows for easy access to the main modules and reduces the risk of injury
- Easy adjustments to the bottle and label handling process can be made via the HMI (Human Machine Interface).
- A larger range of format configurations is possible due to motorised "gearing" changes according to different format recipes
The SL70 maximises operator safety, uptime and productivity by drastically reducing maintenance time.
- 40% less downtime is needed for maintenance
- Open structure for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Direct drive motorisation eliminates the need for lubrication points
- No below-the-table maintenance is necessary
- Main modules are easily replaceable
Sustainable and cost efficient operations
The SL70 cuts operating costs and minimises energy consumption.
- Process thinner labels
- Handles extremely lightweight bottles
- Requires less glue with an average of 5 grams per thousand bottles
- Uses up to 40% less power
Open All ▼
|Bottles format||Bottle diameter||Label height||Maximum speed|
|Up to 5 litres||40 - 140 mm||30 - 170 mm||60,000 bph|
|*bottles per hour - Maximum mechanical output rate, with a speed up kit, according to the bottle's features|
How to increase the efficicency of your labellers?
Open All ▼
Customise your labeller configuration
- Conveyor:In line, in parallel with 3 star-wheels, in parallel with 4 star-wheels in "U" shape, "L" shape
- Positive or negative spin
- Tamper evident applicator
- Label coding devices:Ink-jet, laser
- Empty bottle pressurisation
- Shrinking tunnel: For Roll On Shrink On (ROSO) labels
Improve your labeller flexibility
- SMAR™ cutting system:Label's aesthetics and material savings are improved.
- Label reel auto-splicing:Continuous film feeding system avoids labeller stoppage.
- Motorized labelling station height adjustment:Labelling station position is defined from the Human Machine Interface for faster changeover time.
- Adjustable feed screw:The feed screw position is adjusted to the bottle dimensions for maximum stability and pitch control.
Keep your top labelling quality
- Label detection:The labeller is stopped when a label remains on the vacuum drum.
- Vision system:Bottles are correctly oriented before label application on a specific area at high speed.
- Three channel distributor:The positive control and release of the label during application improve labelling quality.
- Changeover storage cart:Customised parts are well ordered, easily located and picked out.
Enhance your labelling efficiency
- Glue fumes extractor:The elimination of the glue fumes increases the labelling station performances and keeps a cleaner production environment.
- Guides for lightweight bottles:The bottles keep stable to maintain consistent efficiency by avoiding frequent labeller stoppages.
- Cutting system Upgrade (ELAU): The higher tolerance to label imperfection allows better labelling efficiency.
Reduce your labeller maintenance
- Glue filament extractor:Glue particles and vapours are removed to reduce vacuum drum cleaning.
- Belt transmission:Only the belt needs to be replaced which reduces maintenance costs. The format changeovers managed from the operator panel are fast.
- Automatic greasing of the vacuum drum:The automatic lubrication operations avoid labeller stoppage for maintenance.
- Quick release platform:The platform design with simplified assembly reduces changeover times.
Open All ▼