Sidel Hot Melt
Cost efficient and reliable wrap-around pre-cut labelling
Beverages and food industry players are particularly concerned with the costs of machines and materials and want to optimize their large investment. With its simple structure, user-friendly design and minimal footprint, the Sidel Hot Melt labeller offers a high quality and cost efficient solution.
Sidel Hot Melt labeller for the following liquid types:
- Carbonated Soft Drinks
- Juices, Nectars, Soft Drinks, Isotonics and Teas
- Liquid Dairy Products
- Home and Personal Care
The Sidel Hot Melt labeller is an automatic rotary hot glue labelling machine with a production speed of up to 72,000 bottles per hour. The Hot Melt labeller applies complete wrap-around pre-cut plastic labels on glass, plastic and metal containers for liquids such as water, soft drinks, food, home and personal care products.
Based on a simple and proven design structure, the Hot Melt labeller is exceptionally reliable and efficient, easy to use, and requires minimal maintenance and running costs.
Why to choose Sidel Hot Melt labeller:
Open All ▼
Reliable and accurate process for a high-quality labelling
The Hot Melt gluing system for wraparound labels ensures efficient and precise label application and contributes to a great looking finish.
- Its robust carousel transmission and machine structure offer reliable operations.
- An applicator equipped with guns applies the glue in spirals very precisely on the container
- The gun never comes into direct contact with the container to avoid misalignments of the containers and ensuring uniform label pick-up
- Gluing system for wraparound labels on bottles improves label adhesion by reducing the presence of impurities
- When the label is wrapped around the container, the coating head in the magazine applies a thin strip of hot-melting glue at a temperature of 120-170°C along the label edge to ensure that the edges of the label adhere completely
Cost-efficient and sustainable label application
Optimised glue usage ensures accurate adhesive application and contributes to reduced operational costs.
- The precise application of glue with reduced glue leakage and
carbonization results in minimal glue waste.
- No glue circulation within the system means there is no need to replace contaminated or degraded glue.
- Precise glue application minimises energy consumption and reduces operating costs.
- The precise application of glue with reduced glue leakage and carbonization results in minimal glue waste.
Flexible and user-friendly
Hot Melt's straightforward design makes the machine very accessible and easy to use and maintain.
- It can handle apply wraparound labels to both round containers
with belt-driven platforms and irregularly shaped or orientated
containers with servomotor-driven platforms
- The set-up procedures for container changeovers are fast and simple, and all adjustments can be made via HMI.
- The simple machine design reduces maintenance operations and allows shorter and more efficient cleaning times
- With a compact footprint, the Hot Melt's station design allows the operator to control the entire labelling process.
- The easy access to the labeller reduces workplace-related risks and improves safety conditions.
- The machine can be installed in various configurations depending on the available space. In addition to the in-line configuration, the machine can be installed in parallel or alternative layouts.
- It can handle apply wraparound labels to both round containers with belt-driven platforms and irregularly shaped or orientated containers with servomotor-driven platforms
Open All ▼
|Labelling station||Bottle diameter||Label lengths||Label height||Maximum speed|
|Hot Glue||53 - 110 mm||177 - 360 mm||30 - 170 mm||48,000 bph|
|*bottles per hour - Maximum mechanical output rate, with a speed up kit, according to the bottle's features|
How to increase the efficicency of your labellers?
Open All ▼
Customise your labeller configuration
- Conveyor:In line, in parallel with 3 star-wheels, in parallel with 4 star-wheels in "U" shape, "L" shape
- Positive or negative spin
- Tamper evident applicator
- Label coding devices:Ink-jet, laser
- Empty bottle pressurisation
- Shrinking tunnel: For Roll On Shrink On (ROSO) labels
Improve your labeller flexibility
- SMAR™ cutting system:Label's aesthetics and material savings are improved.
- Label reel auto-splicing:Continuous film feeding system avoids labeller stoppage.
- Motorized labelling station height adjustment:Labelling station position is defined from the Human Machine Interface for faster changeover time.
- Adjustable feed screw:The feed screw position is adjusted to the bottle dimensions for maximum stability and pitch control.
Keep your top labelling quality
- Label detection:The labeller is stopped when a label remains on the vacuum drum.
- Vision system:Bottles are correctly oriented before label application on a specific area at high speed.
- Three channel distributor:The positive control and release of the label during application improve labelling quality.
- Changeover storage cart:Customised parts are well ordered, easily located and picked out.
Enhance your labelling efficiency
- Glue fumes extractor:The elimination of the glue fumes increases the labelling station performances and keeps a cleaner production environment.
- Guides for lightweight bottles:The bottles keep stable to maintain consistent efficiency by avoiding frequent labeller stoppages.
- Cutting system Upgrade (ELAU): The higher tolerance to label imperfection allows better labelling efficiency.
Reduce your labeller maintenance
- Glue filament extractor:Glue particles and vapours are removed to reduce vacuum drum cleaning.
- Belt transmission:Only the belt needs to be replaced which reduces maintenance costs. The format changeovers managed from the operator panel are fast.
- Automatic greasing of the vacuum drum:The automatic lubrication operations avoid labeller stoppage for maintenance.
- Quick release platform:The platform design with simplified assembly reduces changeover times.
Open All ▼