Sidel Hot Fill solution for juices, teas and sports drinks
Give your product the packaging it deserves
Hot filling technology can expand production and packaging
opportunities for juices, nectars, soft drinks, isotonics and teas
(JNSDIT). No matter your beverage type, our unmatched expertise
helps you achieve more with extensive technical knowledge and
With 45 years of hot filling experience, we continue to lead the industry with more than 1,000 proven Sidel Hot Fill solutions worldwide. Over the last thirty years, we have significantly reduced the weight of heat-resistant (HR) bottles while retaining their durability and improving design opportunities.
One partner for all your needs
A complete hot fill line solution from Sidel lets you optimise performance and make more informed decisions across the lifetime of your line. With everything centred around one supplier, you get wide-ranging expertise, equipment and ongoing services to evaluate your entire project. This ensures high quality and efficiency from packaging to equipment, fast ramp-up and more.
Explore below our complete line solutions for your hot filled beverages in PET:
Lightweight and heat-resistant (HR) packaging
Increase the value of your beverage with PET
Sidel delivers a complete packaging approach, from preform and packaging design all the way through to production and ongoing packaging optimisation to achieve a high quality heat-resistant (HR) bottle:
- Optimised preforms: Created with specific bi-orientation ratio and thickness
- Innovative bottles: Combining customer specifications and proven Sidel technical features
- High PET crystallinity: Precise preform heating process
- Perfect stretching: Precise pre-blowing and rapid pressure rise
- Production consistency: Efficient mould heating and reliable regulation
Staying ahead with innovative packaging
Sidel is continuously innovating its packaging and offering new opportunities beyond traditional bottle designs. Traditional HR PET bottles feature vacuum panels to absorb volume variations between hot and cold conditions. With Sidel, you can even create lightweight and heat-set HR PET bottles without panels, leading to significant cost savings.
Achieve a more efficient and a more effective bottle production with Sidel's blowing technology.
High performance with eHR blowing
Improve bottle quality and reduce consumption
The latest generation of Sidel heat-resistant blowers adds yet
another dimension to the Sidel Hot Fill line. By using electricity
instead of oil to heat the mould, the Sidel Matrix eHR blower increases bottle
consistency and energy savings while enhancing operator safety,
production flexibility and uptime.
The eHR process
- Four electrical resistances and one probe for temperature control and self-regulation in each half shell of the mould
- Consistent heat distribution on top, medium and lower bottle areas
- Temperature setting applied directly to each half shell using decentralised control units
- Thermal insulation ensures no direct contact between shell holder and mould
- Top HR bottle quality
- Up to 45% energy savings
- Optimal production hygiene and operator safety
- Improved production performance and flexibility
- Simple and fast changeovers
See how you can streamline your operation, and fill more bottles, with Sidel's filling expertise.
Enhanced accuracy and food safety
Meet the demands for filling natural and sensitivebeverages
Sidel fillers offer the highest standards of hygiene and operational reliability. The design of Sidel Matrix hot filler SF700 and its contactless filling valves optimise product safety throughout the packaging process.
The hot filling process
- The supply tank for the liquid beverage is located outside the filling carousel
- The liquid beverage is delivered by a pump to a product distributor ring on the top of the carousel
- The electronic filling valve is equipped with an individual flow-meter to determine filling volume
- Dual-speed filling avoids generation of any foam
- Low product recirculation maintains high beverage quality
- Accurate filling: Controlled flow rate and precise particle delivery
- Enhanced food safety: No contact between filling valve and bottleneck
- Excellent production flexibility: Accommodates different beverage types(teas, isotonics, juices, with or without pulps or particles),PET bottle sizes(200 ml to 3 litres)and production speeds (6,000 to 60,000 bottles per hour)
Compact and flexible production setup
Improve efficiency with an integrated solution
The Sidel Matrix Combi Hot Fill
incorporates the very best of our modular Sidel Matrix eHR blower
and SF700 filler with the advantages of the standard Combi
configuration to produce hot filled beverages in PET bottles in one
Flexible and hygienic
- Extensive range of configurations
- Optimised line layout and efficiency with compact and ergonomic design
- Ensured hygiene and food safety with a controlled production environment
- Greater HR bottle shape freedom
Efficient and cost-saving
- Up to 4% more efficient than standalone machines
- Cuts operating costs by up to 12%
- Reduces need for energy, labour, raw materials and spare parts
- Attractive lightweighting opportunities
- Faster format changeovers
Control beverage consistency and ensure maximum safety with Sidel's tilting and cap sterilisation.
Tilting and cap sterilisation
Ensure beverage safety and consistency
Once the hot beverage is filled and capped, the head-space and
cap are sterilised by tilting the bottle at a precise
angle, temperature and contact time. The Sidel cap steriliser keeps
all those parameters under control.
- Keeps inside bottle area in contact with the hot beverage
- Maintains contact between beverage and cap by rotating bottle up to 110 degrees
- Eliminates microorganisms and extends shelf life
- Removes air bubbles to ensure safety and consistency
- Controls contact time, angle and temperature parameters
- Flexible contact time ranges between 7 and 30 seconds
- Easily accommodates different plant sizes and line configurations
Ensure beverage quality and consistency with Sidel's spray-cooling solutions.
Smart bottle cooling
Maintain beverage safety at ambient temperatures
After cap sterilisation, bottles need to be effectively cooled
down to ambient temperature through uniform water spraying. The
Sidel cooling system reduces the liquid
beverage's temperature while avoiding thermal stress and preserving
- Handles different beverage viscosities and bottle sizes without changeovers
- Uses high density spraying for water flow optimisation
- 20% less footprint due to optimised efficiency and engineering
- Ergonomic design for easy operation and maintenance
- Modular and upgradable for production needs of tomorrow
- Easy integration with Tetra Pak processing with energy savings up to 45%
Give your product a memorable look with Sidel's labelling solutions.
Flexible labelling solutions
Make your product stand out
After the hot filling process, the beverage product moves onto
one of its most defining features - the label. Whether you require
roll-fed or sleeve labels for your hot filled beverages, our
labellers can handle any label format and will make sure your
product stands out from the crowd.
Apply roll-fed labels with Sidel Matrix SL70 labeller
This high performance system allows you to apply up to 60,000 roll-fed labels per hour with controlled precision. It also has a unique ability to manage positive and negative spins and any bottle shape and speed. The Sidel Matrix roll-fed labeller SL70 can be installed in a variety of layouts and is easily reconfigurable.
- Reliable high-speed performance
- Precise and controlled label handling
- Changeovers up to 30% faster
- 40% less maintenance downtime
- Energy consumption reduced up to 40%
Apply sleeve or roll-fed labels with Sidel Rollsleeve
This labeller combines the simplicity of Sidel's consolidated roll-fed technology with an innovative high-speed shrink sleeve process. The result is efficient and high quality labelling with easy flexibility. The accurate and resistant welding is suitable for a wide range of films, materials and thicknesses and long-lasting single rotating cutting blades increase stability and control.
- Efficient and high quality labelling
- No glue or solvents
- Applies labels with a Machine Direction Orientation (MDO)
- 50% thinner labels than transversal direction orientation or other MDO roll-fed machines
- Easy changeovers between different containers, films and layouts
Protect your products with durable and cost-effective packing solutions from Sidel.
Flexible and durable packing solutions
Protect your product with appealing and functional packs
Once hot filled beverage product has been filled and the bottle
has been labelled, the primary package is transferred using Sidel
conveyors to its secondary packaging process. The final result is
the package the customer sees at the point of sale, so it needs to
grab their attention. These packs ensure protection from elements
such as weather, pressure and temperature changes.
Whether you choose shrink-printed film, nested packs or wraparound cartons, Sidel packers gently feed bottles to ensure durable and cost-effective packs.
- Pack consistency and quality
- Gentle and precise infeed configurationFlexible handling of multiple SKUs
- Automatic pack and raw material changeovers
- Heat, glue, carton and film optimisation
Ensure efficient store and transport with Sidel's smart palletising.
Flexible palletising for multiple patterns
Improve efficiency during storage and transport
Once your packaged product is ready to continue across the
supply chain, efficiency during storage and transport is essential.
As bottles and packs vary in format and size, it is important that
conveying and palletising
handles a variety of products, packs and layer patterns.
- Conventional palletiser: easy operation, troubleshooting and maintenance; handles up to 3 SKUs simultaneously
- Robotic palletiser: compact fit with high production speeds and multiple patterns; handles up to 4 SKUs simultaneously
Get the support your Sidel line deserves with our 24/7 services.
Global support with Sidel Services™
Optimise performance today and tomorrow
Once your Hot Fill line production and efficiency targets are
reached, the goal is to maintain and even improve these levels for
years to come. With our dedicated Sidel Services team and our tailored
portfolio, you can lower costs and increase the value of your
beverage production for long-term success.
- Access 24/7 Sidel support and ongoing on-site diagnostic visits
- Predict and resolve issues in advance
- Ensure line longevity with Sidel's global team of experts
- Monitor performance, pre-plan downtime and provide fast corrective maintenance
- Original Sidel spare parts for increased uptime and reliability
- Access more than 500 options and upgrades for every step of production
- Upgrade with training in new methodologies and procedures
- Get training on-site, online or at any global Sidel Training Centre.
Adapt production to new demands
- Continuously adjust for new products, recipes or packaging
- Use original Sidel moulds for line conversions
- Experience increased uptime, reduced costs and greater production flexibility