Our commitment to creating a more sustainable future
As a leading solutions provider in the beverage packaging industry, environmental issues are an important focus both for us, and for our customers. Our business is built with the aim to conserve the planet's resources in an ethical and socially responsible manner.
Open All ▼
Crucial industry challenges
By 2030 forecasts suggest demands on our planet for energy will increase by 50%, food by 50% and water by 30%. This means food and drink handling must play a central role in increasing sustainable practices.
Anchored throughout our organisation
We take sustainability into account on all our projects. We integrate environmental considerations into management decisions, investments, policies, programmes and practices across our business.
We strive for continuous improvement to sustainability issues in our development, sourcing, manufacturing and transportation activities. All our solutions are designed to deliver the highest possible level of resource savings.
Here are some examples of how we help beverage producers increase their resource savings:
- Minimum energy, air, chemicals and water usage is ensured with
the new eco-responsible solution Sidel Matrix™:
- Blowers use up to 45% less energy in the oven and 35% less energy for air compression
- The filling machines reduce energy by up to 30% by using servomotors instead of traditional drive systems
- The labellers cut electrical consumption by up to 40%
- Sensitive products such as juices, teas and liquid dairy products can be packaged aseptically, using no water and almost no chemicals thanks to our innovative Predis™ dry preform decontamination solution.
- Eco-friendly recycled material and 100% solvent-free, the Sidel Rollsleeve labeller is a labelling solution for now and the future.
- Raw material savings along with carbon footprint reduction in transportation is possible without compromising consumer appeal through the RightWeight™approach to bottle design.
- Energy savings can be achieved by up to 45% on existing lines by installing ECO oven onto the blower and by 15% on existing blowers by installing ECO lamps.
- Minimum energy, air, chemicals and water usage is ensured with the new eco-responsible solution Sidel Matrix™:
Improving products' environmental performance
In order to determine the easiest, most affordable and necessary steps to improve a beverage product's environmental performance, it is essential to consider the entire packaging equation. We use Lifecycle Analysis (LCA) for this purpose.
LCA follows the product right up to the completion of its lifecycle and takes into account its carbon footprint. This includes design to specification, cost, recycling, environmental impact and performance. It covers the whole package - all primary, secondary and tertiary packages - and accounts for weight and composition, the manufacturing process, handling and transport, as well as food safety.
We have helped beverage producers worldwide with their own LCA calculations to ensure they achieve the most sustainable liquid packaging solution.
Minimising carbon footprint
Committed to protecting the environment in everything we do, we are investing at all of our sites so that we can gradually implement initiatives that will allow us to better manage natural resources. Our goal is to eventually use solutions based on renewable energies.
Some of our site improvements
- We have evaluated our carbon footprint at our manufacturing site in Octeville, France, as a starting point to improving sustainability at all our sites around the world. Read the full report here.
- To better manage energy at our sites, our sustainability programme 'Reduce, Reuse & Recycle' is being established globally.
- Three of our production sites have been certified with ISO 14001 focused on Environmental Management Systems.
Open All ▼
*Including Gebo Cermex, part of Sidel Group.